Welcome to Day 9 of my Clutter Buster Challenge!
Today’s task is the KIDS TOYS!
I just made you laugh, didn’t I?
Most of the time when I ask at my parties “what is the one room in your house that needs the most help getting organized” the response is “my kids rooms!”
So let’s take charge and get those rooms cleared out and organized!
- LET YOUR KIDS START THE DECLUTTERING – If your kids are old enough (4 or older) have them do the first step. Give them ONE tote/bin to fill with toys that they want to keep.
- MAKE THE KIDS LEAVE THE ROOM – After they’ve helped with step one, have them get out of the room! The last thing you need is to see tears, or hear arguments when you move on to the next step 🙂
- DONATE/PITCH – Whatever doesn’t fit in the ONE tote/bin, leaves the room to be donated if it’s still in good shape, or thrown out! (Honestly… do they need more than one tote/bin of toys when they probably only play with a handful of things?
- SORT THEIR CLOTHES – Yes, I know this challenge says kid’s TOYS… but while you’re at it, you might as well do the clothes too! Have them try on clothes to see if they still fit. If they don’t… donate them. (Exception to this step… if you hand clothes down from one child to the other. In that case, put all of the clothes that will be handed down in another storage tote)
- NEED TO ADD STORAGE? If you need more space to keep things organized, I HIGHLY recommend the Cube Organizer Shelves (available at Target, Walmart, Ikea, etc) along with our Your Way Cubes! It’s a simple solution to hide clutter!
Set the timer on your phone for 31 minutes and get to work!
Don’t forget to share your before and after (or just after!) pictures over at the Clutter Buster Challenge Facebook Event!
Oh! And Post the graphic below on your profile to share with your friends how you’re doing with the Challenge!
Missed our previous Challenges?