Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions answered for you.
1. I have a very busy life and I’m not sure if I can be gone at night. What are the shopping event options?
You can do JUST catalog parties and online parties if that is what fits your schedule. A catalog party is when you give someone a hostess packet and they just collect orders from their friends and family and turn them in to you.
2. Do consultants have a monthly/quarterly quota to stay active?
To stay active with Thirty-One, consultants only need to submit $200 in sales every rolling three months. A qualifying party for Thirty-One is only $200! Very easy to stay active!
3. Does the company supply consultants with a website? If so, what is the cost?
The cost is $12.95 a month. You will receive the website and newsletter FREE during your first three months you join Thirty-0ne. And you can cancel that at any time.
4. How do I submit orders?
You submit orders via your personal website in what we call our “Back Office”. You will need to have access to a computer. Here you will place party orders, create online orders, and do business supply orders
5. Can my customers order from my website?
Yes! Your customers can go directly to your website and place an order or re-order without hosting a shopping event.
6. I would like my hostess’ show to be shipped to me so I can deliver it. Can do I do this?
Yes, you can have an order shipped to you so that you can deliver or shipped directly to the hostess. Thirty-One provides beautiful pink bags and an order receipt so that our hostesses can easily separate the order. They love to look through the box of items…it’s like Christmas!
7. Do I need to collect payment for online orders?
No. The customer must enter their credit card information when entering online orders.
8. What is my initial cost to become a consultant?
It only takes $99 to secure your consultant display kit! It comes with over $300 in product you get to use for yourself and your parties
9. What will I get with my kit and when can I expect to receive it?
You will get all the products on the back of the new catalog along with 25 catalogs, invitations, and 50 order forms in addition to other start-up paperwork. You will receive your kit in 3-5 days.
10. Can I set up at fairs and festivals?
Yes! You can even get catalogs towards the event from home office!
11. Where are products shipped from?
They are shipped from the home office in Columbus, OH through UPS and Fed Ex.
12. Are there any other hidden fees?
No, Thirty-One does not charge you any other fees throughout the year.
13. What can I do to prepare while waiting for my kit?
You can visit http://www.vistaprint.com to order address labels for your catalogs and business cards. They are FREE, all you have to do is pay for shipping!
And you’ll want to spread the word about your new business. Tell all your family and friends and start booking those parties!!! Your best bet is to have what I call a “launch party” at your house. Invite everyone you know and do your own party when your kit arrives. That way you can enter your first party, you’ll make all the commission, and you’ll earn all the free and half-price items as the hostess-so you can add to your kit for FREE!
14. How are Consultants paid at Thirty-One?
We are a paperless company! You will need to set up for Direct Deposit. Effective August 1, consultants will be paid twice monthly. If you choose to have a check sent to you there is a $4 charge. We get paid by direct deposit on the 10th and 25th of each month.
15. What incentive programs are offered to the Consultant?
There are a few different incentive programs such as the Start Swell Incentives. Leadership Trips (I’ve been to Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Punta Cana) and new Dream Rewards program where you can earn Disney trips, travel cards, and Best Buy gifts cards. We believe in our mission. Celebrate-Encourage-Reward. And MANY free products offered throughout the year from home office!
16. Does the company offer consultant incentives?
Yes, Thirty-One offers us challenges during various months to receive something FREE or have the opportunity to qualify for various things. I personally love a good challenge and its funny how your customers will help you get there too!
17. How do I collect money from customers?
As a consultant, you can accept cash, checks, or credit cards for the full amount owed including shipping and tax. Consultants are not charged for this service. Thirty One accepts all major credit cards.
18. Do I have to have a separate business checking account to become a Thirty-One consultant?
No. Although, by having a separate checking account for your Thirty-One business it may make it easier to track business income and expenses.
19. How do I report my income on my taxes?
As a consultant, you are considered self-employed. You will be given a Form 1099 from Thirty-One with your earnings. It’s important that you track all of your expenses so you can deduct these on your tax return. I would recommend starting a mileage log as well.
20. Is there a penalty or fee if I decide to get out of the business?
No. Just contact home office and let them know of your decision. There is never a penalty for not selling…you have nothing to lose by trying!!!
21. Are there any support groups or training for Thirty-One consultants?
Yes! Yes! Yes! You will receive a Policies & Procedure Guide and an Order Guide in your kit. We also have a Consultant Website called http://www.thirtyonetoday.com and it is updated daily with the latest information that you will need to run your business. You can get all the info on company announcements, consultant information, and online trainings.